Real Trends today released its annual lists of the largest Canadian real estate brokerages, ranked by transaction ends and sales volume.
There are some new names in the top 10 compared to last year, but the No. 1 spot once again goes to Sutton Group – West Coast Realty in Vancouver, which has 19 offices and recorded 15,039 transactions in 2011.
Royal LePage’s 15 corporately owned offices in the Toronto area take second spot, with Re/Max Realtron of Markham, Ont. in third on the transaction list. Right At Home Realty in Toronto, which did not participate in last year’s survey, was the top independent brokerage and seventh overall. Re/Max is the brand with the most brokerages on the lists.
The 10 largest brokers in Canada, ranked by closed transaction ends for 2011, from the Real Trends Canadian 250:
1. Sutton Group – West Coast Realty, Vancouver, 15,039
2. Royal LePage Real Estate Services, Toronto, 10,018
3. Re/Max Realtron Realty, Markham, Ont., 9,544
4. Royal LePage Your Community Realty, Richmond Hill, Ont., 7,929
5. Re/Max Real Estate (Edmonton), Edmonton, 7,407
6. Royal LePage Team Realty & Royal LePage Gale Real Estate, Ottawa, 7,283.
7. Right At Home Realty, Toronto, 7,156
8. Re/Max Twin City Realty, Kitchener, Ont. 6,690
9. Royal Pacific Realty Group, Vancouver, 6,643
10. Royal LePage ProAlliance Realty, Belleville, Ont., 6,432